Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thank you, Os!

Os Hillman wrote this prayer especially for me today!

Dear God, You know my heart and my heartaches. You have showered me with blessings and carried me through the valley of pain and sadness. Thank You for the godly influence of special people in my life. Thank you for those who pray for and encourage me. I even thank You for the hard times and trials I have been through, for they have strengthened my faith. I praise You for giving me a spirit of hope, love, and acceptance, rather than allowing me to become angry, bitter, and downcast. I praise You God, from whom all blessings flow. May I, in return, bless You. In Jesus' name, amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and AMEN!

DD

Anonymous said...

Not bitter or angry? Hmmm

Anonymous said...

Angry, bitter, and downcast....??? Haven't got that one under control, have we???

Carol and Co. said...

To "Anonymous,"
No -- "WE" haven't. I have, and still may be taking positive corrective steps in my life to let go of any remnants of those characteristics in my life. But you, by making these posts, are showing the world that YOU have not made progress in these areas. You even use the collective "we." You might want to work on courage too, whomever you are -- the courage to say what you think needs to be said using your name. In the meantime, I put my faith in God, and hope that He, in His loving care, brings you to the place where you can deal with your issues instead of posting negativity like this.
Carol