Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Lesson about 6th Grade Social Studies

On the way home from school yesterday, I asked Katherine how she was liking each of her classes. She told me she really likes all of them, except for Social Studies. That answer mystified me because I thought everyone, especially Katherine, would enjoy Social Studies. So I asked her why, and her answer cracked me up! She said she "...just couldn't understand it. It's called 'Social' Studies, but it isn't 'social' at all. We have to work, and there's no time to understand how to study being social. And you're not allowed to talk, and how can you be social if you can't talk?" You just gotta love my girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now that is DEEP!....you go KLL...but don't get caught talking and having "social interaction"!

man I crack me up